Register Here for Wednesday January 27th 12:00 - 1:00 P.M.
The new E/M changes for the 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule will have significant impacts on coding and reimbursement. This webinar will address the new Rule, with emphasis on how Medical Decision Making (MDM) will be calculated and the creation of new coding and billing criteria for time spent with patients. In addition, for organizations that tie physician compensation to Relative Value Units (RVUs), the webinar will address how the new RVU methodology has the potential to make sweeping changes to existing physician reimbursement. The new Rule will include a number of aspects that could cause significant bottom-line revenue changes for physician offices and hospital-owned physician groups.
The webinar will be given in conjunction with New Jersey Healthcare Financial Management Association and CPE’s will be available for attendees.
Learning objectives for this webinar are:
- Understanding the 2021 changes to E/M coding, specifically new methodologies to describe Medical Decision Making (MDM)
- Examples that demonstrate how E/M levels will be coded differently in 2021
- New work Relative Value Units (RVUs) for E/M visits that increase RVUs 28% to 45% for established patients
- Reimbursement implications of the revised Conversion Factor
- Impacts to productivity measures and physician compensation
The presenters for the webinar are:
Rick Parker, Executive Director, CBIZ KA Consulting Services, LLC
Brian Herdman, Operations Manager - Financial Reimbursement Services, CBIZ KA Consulting, LLC
Rupal Trivedi, CPC, CPMA - Manager, Physician Services, CBIZ KA Consulting Services, LLC
For immediate assistance please contact Adam Abramowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org